Being parents in a world where child involvement in sport is record high can bring a lot of questions and concerns about their training and development. This 3-part blog series is a guide to the benefits of youth development, resistance training, and weight training. Further, we’ll discuss a few of the top myths and concerns on the topic.
In short, here are the benefits of strength and conditioning programs for youth … with scientifically backed links in case you don’t want to take my word for it:
- Improved muscular strength and power
- Improved motor skill performance
- Improved brain functioning
- Improved bone density
- Improved sleep
- Improved psychological/mental states
- Promote life-long fitness habits
- Decrease in total body fat
- Lower risk of sport(s) related injuries during competition
These benefits far outweigh the risks of youth weight training, which will be discussed later in the series. Check back soon to learn more about the myths, the facts, and importance of youth development!